Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Upper Missouri Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Great Falls, Montana
March 25, 2002

Meeting called to order by Chairman Scriver. Members present - Scriver, Goldhahn, Parchen, Doerk, Stensland, Kubeck. Absent Shield, Gamble, Martin. Others present Sepich.

1. Minutes. Doerk made motion to approve February 25, 2002 minutes, seconded by Stensland. Approved 6-0

2. Treasurers Report. Account balance is $2,890.70. Two bills needed to be reconcile with City: Jane Weber $51.35 for Signature Event printing, City $140 for janitorial services for Signature event function.
a. Scriver presented bill for Mike Nottingham - $124.20 for Signature Event travel. Kubick questioned why we are paying for his travel. Scriver stated we have money in budget for Signature Event travel. Doerk made motion to defer this bill to Chouteau County Committee, seconded by Parchen. Passed 6-0.
b. Stensland asked about janitorial service bill. Scriver said it was for building rent and sound system paid to the Civic Center event. Kubick asked about bill to Jane Weber; said it should be noted that it is reimbursement for printing.

3. Communication.
a. February State Director’s report was emailed.
b. Scriver provided handout on Corp II program overview.
1) Doerk said Ft. Benton has put in for June 6-12 at Fairgrounds. There was discussion regarding moving costs from Ft. Benton to Great Falls.
2) Goldhahn said Mary Moe, MSU College of Technology is interested in hosting Corp II. Scriver said we need to submit request to Blackwood by June 1.
c. Parchen contacted the Havre regional commission and they are not ready to have anyone come to our meetings at this time.
d. Stensland contacted Liberty County and they have a program scheduled for April 23rd. On the agenda they have a afternoon session on community showcase. Interested in networking and coalition. Thirteen counties are invited.
e. Doerk stated they have submitted applications to secure the island for Signature Event encampment. He is looking at options if a commitment cannot be received from the Blackfeet.

4. Status Reports.
a. Goldhahn and Kubick will attend National Council meeting in Lewiston. They will be there a couple of days before the conference. Kubick said they are using “mobile” classrooms - we could put in for these in our grant application.

5. Old Business
a. Scriver prepared a revised FY 02/03 budget. Scriver noted the Signature Event support includes promotional travel. Doerk asked if any money was included for hosting National Council meeting. Kubick said he will submit a separate request to State office. Scriver said budget includes $4000 from “other grants” - he will write grant to be used for newsletter if we decide we need one.

Scriver said we need the $1000 for promotional brochures. Parchen stated we could get community support from advertising on street banners. Motion made by Kubick, seconded by Doerk to approve the budget as submitted. Passed 6-0.

6. New Business
a. A travel/purchase requisition form has been developed by the City. Sepich forgot to bring to the meeting - will mail out forms to each member. In future, form will need to be completed for any pay or reimbursement from the City.
b. Scriver presented a draft Travel & Expense Reimbursement Policy. Members are asked to review and discuss at the April meeting.

7. Organizational
a. Doerk asked about status of missing members. Sepich said that Gamble is in violation of the City Ordinance regarding attendance. Kubick said that we should have an attendance requirements in our bylaws. Doerk recommended that we make contact with these members. Scriver will make contact with three members.
b. Goldhahn asked about our review of the goals/objectives. Doerk recommended that we review the goals/objectives at the May meeting.
c. Scriver will email the bylaws to all members for review and comment.
d. Scriver will ask Sarah Grove, State fundraiser, to attend April meeting.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.

Next meeting - April 22, 2002 Fort Benton

 

 

 

 

Back

Back to Upper Missouri Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!