Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Upper Missouri Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Meeting called to order by Chairman Kubick at 7:00pm. Members present Kubick, England, Fisher, Doerk, Parchen, Roehn, Goldhahn. Absent: Stensland, Shield. Others present Weber, Hutchinson, Sepich.
February 23, 2004
Motion made by Doerk, seconded by Fisher to approve January, 2004 minutes. Approved 7-0 Hutchinson stated that the $20,000 for Tower Rock is not correct in that the grant was not just for Tower Rock.
- Treasurer’s Report
England provided financial report (attached). We have a balance of $5076.87. There will be additional expenditures for trip for Kubick, Stensland and Goldhahn trip to Helena. Fisher made motion to approve this expenditure, seconded by Parchen. Approved 7-0.
- Status Report
- National. No report.
- State. Weber and Kubick attended the State meeting. Kubick expressed concern that some of the tribes were excluded from receiving their O&M money because their paperwork was not complete. Our Commission will receive $2000 O&M grant. Weber reported that the Center will offer guide training this spring beginning May 10th. $5000 of PPL contributions will be given to our Commission for the Tower Rock project – there may also be additional funding up to $13,000 available.
Doerk reported that Eugene Daub has been selected as the artist for the Bicentennial project at the Capital. They expect to sell 65 miniatures at $3500 each as a fund raiser. There will also be medallions available for purchase.
- Old Business
- Hutchinson reported the next step in trying to get something done at Tower Rock is to attend Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks public meetings.
- Kubick stated he would like to ask each governing entity to contribute money for the Signature Event. This money could be used as a match to request money from the legislature.
- Communication received as noted in the agenda
- Hutchinson reported that there were 12 sites for signage identified in southern Cascade County. Kubick offered our support, especially for Tower Rock. Hutchinson also extended a “standing” invitation to meet with the Reaching the Rockies Chapter.
- Doerk reported there will be a preview of the opera on March 6th. He also reported that their guide training in Fort Benton was going well.
Next meeting scheduled for March 29 in Fort Benton.
Respectfully submitted by Jerry Sepich
*Note: Subsequent to this meeting, the March 29th meeting has been moved to Great Falls.
Back to Upper Missouri Commission Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!