Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions
Northeastern Plains Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Committee Meeting Minutes
The meeting was called to order by Betty Stone.
October 19, 2004
Minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
Financial Report - $1137.59 remains in the Operating and Planning Grant account. Whatever remains in the account at the end of the year will have to be sent back. Travel could be paid out of this grant if anyone would like to attend the Cultural of Circles in Bismarck on Oct. 23 thru 31. Mareta and Bev plan to attend the St. Charles Reenactment meeting in Glasgow on Oct. 28, at the Cottonwood from 10:00 to 2:00. Travel can be reimbursed. Betty and Diane will be attending the Circle of Cultures and will turn in 4 days of per diem. Stamps and folders could also be purchased.
Correspondence: A thank-you note was sent to BLM. They are providing funding for the Corps II on the reservations.
State Bicentennial Commission Report::
- Betty reported on the State Bicentennial meeting that she attended in Pablo.
- Discussion on where the license plate revenue would go after 12-31-07. Right now the Commission receives the revenue. The Montana Historical Society could receive 50% with the remaining 50 % being distributed to local communities, such as the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center and Pompeys Pillar.
- The State Bicentennial wrote a letter of opposition for ads that the National Bicentennial developed. The ads were portraying the wrong image. They were more to protect the resources than to bring people here.
- There are 2 signature events planned. Explore the Big Sky in Great Falls has a $2 million budget. They are selling tickets at www.explorethebigsky.org .
Fort Peck Tribes Report: No report.
River Access: Nothing new to report.
L&C at the Confluence Event:
- The committee met September 22 at Fort Buford. THere will be another meeting on November 3, 2004.
Rivers of Time:
- Rivers of Time will be the 3rd weekend in May, 2005.
L&C Festival in Nashua:
- Dates are May 6, 7, 8, 2005
- Plans are being made to do Rick and Susie Graetz's slide show. A motion by Doug and 2nd by Tim to apply for a Community Humanities grant to pay for this.
- Wolf Point - May 6-9, 2005
- Glasgow - May 14-17, 2005
- Lewis and Clark Days were discussed. The libraries and museums had the traveling trunks last summer and they thought it was successful. There was discussion on having the traveling trunks in schools.
Next Meeting: November 16, 2004, 1:30, Great Northern Development Conf. Room, Wolf Point
Members Present: Christy Stensland, Mareta Brusett, Betty Stone, Tim Hutslar, Doug Smith and Carla Hunsley.
Back to Northeastern Plains Lewis & Clark Bicentennial Committee Meeting Minutes Menu
Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links
Feedback Form | Email This Page
For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!