Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Lewis & Clark Trail Bicentennial Commission of L&C County
Meeting Minutes
July 30, 2003

Members present: Marv Holtz, Terry and Mark Peck, Sharon Haugen, Bob Henkel, Mike Griffith, Ann Tedesco, Dick Alberts and Rita Blouke

At the beginning of the meeting a quorum was not present; with Annís arrival a quorum was met.

The June minutes were amended as follows: Under comments from Cheryl, add ďWe will meet September 14, at the Dearborn Inn, with the Upper Missouri Bicentennial Commission.Ē

Treasurerís Report: We have $600 in checking and $16,387.83 in savings. Sharon will pay Certified Folder. We received our first invoices for Devilís Elbow for $2,264. We need to use the NPS funds by the end of Aug. and then the county money. We received 2 letters from the state saying that we needed to close out the 2002 state grants. One of those is the Devil's Elbow grant; we will ask for an extension. The other is the Encampment. We believe Clete completed that grant final report several months ago. Dick will check with Clete and Amy B. Rita gave Sharon the IRS form.

Correspondence: Tentative agenda for the Oct. 1,2,3 Lewistown meeting; information on the signage meeting July 23, in Great Falls; minutes of the May 27,28, state commission meeting in Missoula; communication with Certified Folder.

Public Meeting: Response to the public meeting was positive. Over 24 people attended. We need to add Lillian Hegstad as a Chamber representative. Rita will type up her notes and distribute them; others should add comments or recommendations they received. We need to follow up with the Elk Foundation.

Dick looked into republishing the brochures. There was discussion of numbers and funding. Bob suggested we edit and solicit for funding this fall, and that we look for another front cover picture. Dick will ask the Great Northern to contribute. Other sources mentioned were Tour Train, Gates of the Mountains, Lakeside, Canyon Ferry and Gold West.

Mark reported on the preliminary planning for Corps II. They are looking at events that would showcase Helena and L&C. The tentative dates are July 8-17, 2005. Nate St. Pierre is interested in a Native American tribute night. Other ideas are the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation banquet and outdoor expo, a tribute to the military in Montana from L&C to present day, a symphony at Carroll College, a Rob Quist performance, the baseball tournament, and moving Alive at 5 to Carroll for one night. Mark will talk with Ron Alles.

Grea Northern: The ad for architectural services is out with a deadline for the middle of August. After hiring we should get the design effort underway. We received $25,000 from the NPS. The TIIP grant is being completed for partial funding for the diorama structures.

Devil's Elbow: Mike met with the signage contractors July 19. The contract is signed with a tentative calendar. (Mike will get a copy to Rita.)

Bob reported that we have sold 3 prints from the summer flyer - 2 framed and 1 unframed. Ann asked if we could get a copy of the flyer since we have not seen. Bob also recommended that we repeat the same holiday selling process this year. We will look at data from past sells and see what the numbers indicate. Ann sold a framed print for the Tavern Association meeting in the fall.

Marv reported on the signage meeting in GF. Signage from Fort Benton to Three Forks was discussed and information was gathered. Ann also reported that the BOR wants to partner with someone to manage the signage process all along the river. There was discussion of the need for some entity to coordinate signage because it is bigger than any one commission or chapter. Ann is still looking into meeting with Dave Gault and Jon Axline.

Chapter meeting, September 22, Library, Stephanie Tubbs will be talking about her new book.

The minutes of the July meeting were approved as amended. The treasurerís report was approved as presented. Rita will prepare an attendance tally since February for the next meeting. Mark will prepare a recommendation for the location of Corps II.

The August meeting will be at Dickís house beginning at 5:30. Meeting adjourned.  

 

Back

Back to L&C Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!