Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
320 N. Main
Livingston, Montana
November 24, 2003

Attending: Becky Douglass, Jackie Robbins, Doris Whithorn, Penny Carpenter

Minutes: Minutes were read and corrected as follows: 1) Indreland spelling was changed; 2) we discussed not applying for grants from the State Commission this year as our CTEP grant was approved. Will discuss it next year for deadline in Dec. 2004.

Financial Report: In-kind time sheets were distributed; some turned it to Jackie from previous meeting. Doris submitted two claims, $8.75 and 34.19 for scrapbook supplies so total now left in O & P is $42.94. Postage will be purchased in this amount.

Old Business:

Agenda: #1. Driving Tour Signs: Final mock-ups are on their way. We need to sign off on them if okay, and they'll go to be made.
........*They came in the mail the morning after this meeting...several of us met the next day at noon and approved them as is. I Fed-exed them back to Sea Reach Wed afternoon. They are now on their way to the imbedding facility...Yea!

#2. CTEP funds: Jackie shared that all is ready to go for the Project Specific Agreement between Park Co. and the State of Montana through it's DOT but the Commissioners want a letter from us stating that we will be responsible for the $1,342 matching funds and if any cost overruns occur (est. at $960 in agreement) we will also be responsible for those. These funds must come out of our Commission fund as NPS grant funds ($5,000 for brochures/signs), cannot be used to match CTEP funds. Moved and seconded to send letter to Commissioners. Penny offered to do this.

#3. Quilt Project Fund Raiser: All blocks being worked on; last one will be of a horse and Penny with ask one more quilter who has indicated she wants to help.

#4. Monument Project: Becky spoke with an art attorney in Big Timber and he is willing to draft a contract for us (pro bono on request). Becky will contact Mary Michael for discussion regarding this for details. Bill gave a list of items to be included in contract and one was the site of the statue. Discussed this at length. Becky will talk with Bill about whether it needs to be included in the contract now. Location suggestions discussed again--several favor somewhere on Park St. but others believe Sacajawea Park along the river would be best. Doris brought photographs of the B St. parking lot site she suggested to share.

#5. Solicitation letter at Montana Edge for printing....Penny e-mailed Sharon Walker changes from last meeting. Need to include the tax-deductible information. Sharon offered to do the envelope with a place on the outside to mark interest in other ways to help too (purchase a macquette; purchase a brick; January dinner, etc). Need more names for the address list-10 from each member. May need a "stuffing envelopes" time to get them ready to mail out. Penny will contact Sharon again.

#6. Gave a copy of the charitable definitions to Jackie and Becky. Jackie will share it with Tara D.

#7. Sandra called DOT and we are going to have two L&C highway indicators for our Interstate Interpretive sign.

#8. Jan. 24th "Dinner with Capt. Clark" event.....no prices back from Betty Nason last meeting and no word tonight. Beginning to feel that even at $20.00 it may be too pricey for Livingston for us to pull off. Suggestion made to change it to "A Taste of the Expedition, with Capt Clark" and have it be appetizer plates rather than full meal. Will have to see what it will cost before we decide. Sandra has not had any answer back from Chuck Holland either. She e-mailed and phoned him. Penny offered to contact L & C Lager outfit in Helena for prices. Other ideas: silent auction items? Pretty Good String Band? White Buffalo teepees?

#9. Sandra sent along a report on attending the Corridor meeting in Billings on 11/12. Well attended with folks from Sidney to Livingston, and tribal representatives. Half of the day was brainstorming ideas and other half spent categorizing and eliminating just a few as "un-doable". Lots of good ideas and the Billings/Pompeys Pillar office will send out notes for everyone to see. Also, Jane Indreland from Billings will be in touch about the Day in the Life of the Yellowstone River Valley. Did find out though that we can't have the photos to display locally.

#10. Guest last meeting, reporter Deon Lackey will have the article in Dec. 1 Montana Pioneer---watch for it. She interviewed Sandra, Penny and Mary. It will also announce our "Second Kick-off" event for '04 on January 24th.

Next meeting, Dec. 8th, Mon. 5:30 p.m.
No second meeting this month due to Christmas week.
Recorder, Penny Carpenter

 

 

Back

Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!