Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
August 23, 2004

Attending: Becky, Sandra, Marleen, Penny, Dick (Diana, thanks for calling).

Financial Reports: Monument Fund: net to Statue $21769.00 (includes 4 pledges) 21 bronzes have been ordered/received to date. O & P: no report.

Time Sheets: continue to keep track for the Sept. meeting with the Livingston Trust. We will need all this information for our presentation.

Old Business:

1. Sandra talked with Mary at the store and she said she will be getting one or maybe two tomorrow. One number was changed to #4 to accommodate a buyer. (Had two for her 3 children and both were #4's) Need #14 for Brockways. 15 and 16 are for Thomas Hedrick from Calif. Will have one for the Studio Tour this weekend (probably Mary's that is at the Chamber. Sandra offered hers, too. We did get a buyer because of the one in Sax & Fryer's window...thanked him personally Sat. night. (Thanks again, Doris!)

2. Driving Tour and CTEP: Revisions on signs #7 through #12 went to Laurie in Great Falls. No reply yet. Did hear back from the librarian at the Foundation and she found the 1979 article on John Shields, however it is a "copy", not a colored magazine. Not sure how the photos will appear. Penny ordered it and it's on the way.

Penny got the requested letter from the LouAnn at the Chamber that Jon Axline suggested. Becky will take it to Jackie now and to get the funding requirements going--next step is to hire a sign builder. Discussed Sea Reach and Advertising Design in Billings. Voted to use Billings to make the signs and still buy the bases from Sea Reach as they are ordered. Penny will contact Ad Design for details. Would like to set a date to put the bases in but must pay for them first. Also need a site to deliver them too...one with a loading dock, preferably. Where we had them delivered before is now the Rib & Chop House.

3. Brochure: Lea Chatham will give us a proposal. Penny will contact her. Bob Spannring wanted to work on this too and we need to get it going.

4. Websites: www.livingstonmt.com and Mary Michael's site. Also, Louann at the Chamber wanted to put a link to it on their site. Becky will contact state and national sites (maybe Rita) ....she will also ask Laurie Heupel about who to talk to to get a bronze in the Interpretive Center's Gift shop in Great Falls.

5. Marketing the bronzes: timelines--first payment is due July 1, 2005. 1/3 is due (33,000.00) Need to set a meeting date to work on marketing plan, visitations, second letter regarding, visiting business again, etc. Sept 17, Friday, 10:am at Penny's office.

Old Settler's Day-Becky will check with Mary & Greg on having the silhouette in the parade. Too many Commission members have other commitments that weekend to staff a table. Is anyone else interested in doing this?

The Peace by Piece Quilt Guild has invited us to have a table at their big Quilt Show at the fairgrounds Oct. 8, 9 and 10. They will be showing the CLARK ON THE YELLOWSTONE quilt too as they asked the winner of it to do so. Marleen, Sandra, Becky, Penny and possibly Dick can be there taking turns. Anyone else available???

6. Penny will get 3 more T-shirts made with the image on the front & back, to wear at the Quilt show. We can share them.

NEW BUSINESS:
1. Studio tour 8/28 & 29. Art Gallery Walk is the night before, 8/27....we could have a table outside there as tons of people go to that. Penny could man a table from 5:30 to 6:30 (if a partner would be available as I'm on call for the hospital) Anyone available to do it after that till about 7:30? We would only have the bricks, bronzes and posters.

2. Livingston Trust Mtg. "In the fall" was the request from the sub-committee. We need to meet and get our reports/funds in order prior to that meeting. Aug. 27th at Becky's at 10:00 - draft meeting for Trust information.

3. Possible future events to hold: Maybe on Little Pomp's birthday (Feb 11)....Taste of the Trail Part II; a different speaker from the Montana Committee for the Humanities?; The "Story of Sacajawea" video showing; we bounced around ideas to help keep the momentum going and interest in the monument public.

4. Other funding ideas: Dick suggested trying for a Nat'l. Endowment for the Arts grant for possibly a painting to be commissioned by a local artist. Talked about another grant option for "parks beautification" for the landscaping portion of the Monument project that we were told about. Penny will follow up on this.

We realize everyone is busy with their own lives but our Commission work could use other brains and ideas.......we MISS all of you and your input at the meetings. Next one will be Sept 13, 5:30, same place.

Penny Carpenter,
Recorder

 

 

Back

Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!