Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
June 23, 2003

Attending: Becky Douglass, Bob Raney, Dick Baerman, Charlie Rahn, Doris Whithorn, Jackie Robbins and Penny Carpenter. Diana Seider phoned to say she couldn’t attend due to conflict with meeting for Sister City trip for her daughter.

Finances: Jackie gave report - O & P fund has balance of $1,540.48; Driving Tour balance - $6,560.25; Commission General - $5,024.15.

Minutes were corrected regarding date of next meeting.

1. We discussed the Driving Tour Signs--should have the locations for the utilities marked by Wed. Permits from the DOT are not here yet. Jackie will call Mark Peterson. We cancelled the scheduled 6/28 day for putting in the bases and changed it to 7/19. Meet at 9:00 a.m. at the Depot. Jim Woodhull/City Commission okayed the Livingston sites needed for the first 6 signs and GPS marker. Next 6 signs need to be designed around the text already selected. Sub-committee meeting Monday, 7/7 at noon at the Gazebo in the park.

2. We have been approved for the triangle L & C signs for our large sign on I-90. They have not arrived yet. Can check with Laurie and she can check with Dick Williams.

3. We talked about whether we would want to become a Chapter of the Trail Heritage Foundation and it was felt that perhaps after the Bicentennial passes, we might want to do that to stay active. Tabled a decision for now.

4. No word yet on our CTEP application from DOT.

5. Superhost was held. Poor advertising about it and absolutely nothing in the ad regarding preparing for L & C fans.

6. Potential Supporters of the Statue: Each of us is to bring a list of suggested donors next meeting. Becky offered to draft a letter of request to send out. Need to choose a site. Came up with 6 suggestions to take to the City Commission. Becky will ask Bob Ebinger about presenting this to them.

7. We are going to wait on asking for more help with the vault toilet until we get the CTEP issue word.

8. Doris ordered a tape of the Confluence of Cultures ($20.00) for all to share. Decided to not purchase tapes from the Nat'l. Council meetings. Doris will submit a bill for this and for the new scrapbook items. Doris stated she has given 29 programs on "Pomp" to date. Plan to use this program in the Tent of Many Voices if we are one of the final sites chosen. Still waiting to hear on that. Penny offered to contact Pat Jones to try to find out.

Saw Clint at a restaurant in Bozeman and he said he wanted to attend a meeting here.

Talked about the slide show...no word yet from Rick Graetz.

Quilt - Penny showed the rough drawing of the design and all approved. Will finalize the pictures and match with instructions for quilters to pick from. Will let Sandy Blake and Glenda Mitchell pick first.

Penny asked for permission to put names on the Website as Commission members. Was okayed. No home numbers for those who don't want them there.

Reminded the group about the Big Timber activities and events coming up.

Penny needs to purchase more stamps. Will do so and submit a claim.

No word on Corridor happenings...next meeting will be this fall in Lewistown.

Discussed having education booth or display at the Park Co. Fair last week of July. Problem is getting volunteers to man it. Decided to see if we could stand up the "Photo" board idea (Capt. Clark, Sacajawea and little Pomp) with open faces for visitors to put their heads up to and get picture taken. Charlie offered to call Kim Knutson and ask about this. Doris offered to get bids from folks who might make one for us. She might have a booth with her books and we could put this display next to her booth. Could also display other information about the Bicentennial, our Commission, the big Interpretive Sign, and dream of statue, etc. to promote more public education.

Agreed to continue meeting in this office due to not having to be run out at 7:00 p.m. if we're not finished, and ample parking. Penny offered to check with owner if okay due to needing to have meetings publicized and open to public.

Next meeting - 7/14/03 at 5:30 p.m.; 320 North Main.

Recorder, P. Carpenter

 

 

Back

Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!