Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
Rural Fire Building
May 12, 2003

Attending: Becky Douglass, Sandra Cahill, Doris Whithorn, Dick Baerman, Charlie Rahn, Diana Seider, and Penny Carpenter. Guest: Laurie Heupel, Forest Service

Minutes: Doris moved to accept the minutes from our last meeting of April 7th.

Financial Report: Not available as Jackie still on medical leave from surgery. In-kind reports turned in my Doris and Sandra.

Agenda:

1. Challenge Cost Share grant work on first six Driving Tour signs. Laurie Heupel reported that Brian from Sea Reach will be sending us "mock-ups" very soon. She will encourage him to get on it sooner so we'll have them to install in July (anniversary of Clark's passing through here). We need to sign off on these and then get them back to Laurie so she can do the same and then she'll Fed Ex them back to Brian.

We need to go ahead and get the bases installed. Directions will be sent from Laurie by fax tomorrow. Video on same will come later. When signs arrive they snap in.

NPS would like to install one of the 8" Peace Medal symbols for Global Positioning data. (Geodetics on Internet) Most likely would choose the sign for Sacagawea Park as our choice for this. Need to mail letter to Dick Williams to be a "Certified Site" for this too. Laurie will send this letter and the ones for the grant dollars and historical marker requests. Penny will mail these to Laurie tomorrow.

Discussed media coverage for the Driving Tour Project and agreed to wait until the first six signs arrive.

2. Tent of Many Voices: We will know for sure if we are in the running still by the end of May. Most likely we are we've been told by Laurie Heuupel. Interpretive specialist Patricia Jones will be helping out with this in each community that will host it. We will also have to line up presenters who must be authentic, accurate, and not offensive to Native Americans. Laurie will get us a copy of the promo video that we saw in Great Falls about Corps II. We need to contact Pat Jones soon.

3. Sculpture Progress: Much discussion on where and how to advertise. Made lists of names, etc. Laurie offered to get "Call for Artists" that Becky brought to Great Falls area; Dick Baerman will take some to Washington; Doris and Penny will mail others out.

4. CTEP Funds: We are still waiting to hear something. Getting nervous as May 31 is fast approaching.

5. Vault Toilet: Still on hold until we hear about CTEP awards.

6. Superhost Training: Would be available here if we can get 15 people to attend. Hopefully set a date in June. $20.00 unless you are a volunteer, then it's free.

7. We will set the bases up on June 28th, meet at 9:00 am at the Depot, Sat. Charlie Rahn will check on instructions in the crates at the Chamber.

Next meetings will be in June on the 9th and 23rd. Sandra is busy with Guest Ranch again and Becky's daughter is getting married in early June. Penny has PO Box key.

Recorder, Penny Carpenter

 

 

Back

Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!