Click here for history on the Lewis & Clark Trail.
Education
Funding

 

Heritage Foundation Chapters | Regional Bicentennial Commissions

Welcome Commision Overview Resource Library Group & Chapter Info Resource Library Endorsement Info Montana Events What's New On The Site Help/Sitemap Related Links Related Links

Great Bend of the Yellowstone Lewis & Clark Heritage Regional Bicentennial Commission Meeting Minutes
January 26, 2004

Attending: Sandra Cahill, Bob Raney, Marleen Anderson, Dick Baerman, Diana Seider, Doris Whithorn, Penny Carpenter.

Minutes had been sent out previously. Were corrected to read "pork" instead of "port stew;" and Diana was added to list of attendees as was left off in error.

Jackie had dropped off financial reports for Commission fund--Sharon Walker & Sandra Cahill were paid, balance $4747.15; Driving Tour fund--no changes, balance $508.22; Penny reported on Reception receipts, $770.00 and bills for expenses of $896.00.

Fred Kurtz needs to be paid asap so we voted to pay him $25.00 cash (via Diana) and deposit the rest to our account for Park Co to pay by check the others. Penny will take to Jackie tomorrow.

In kind time sheets given out, both short versions and long full page ones. Those left after meeting Penny will give to Jackie.

Old Business:

1. Happy Hour proceeds: $190.00 refreshment donations; $580.00 door donations; $10.00 check arrived later. Total 780.00.

Bills: Enterprise-$42.00; Depot Sign painting-$25.00; Band-$200.00; Depot Foundation- $300.00; Ritchie Doyle $240.00 (he didn't stay overnight and Travelodge refunded the room charge; Becky- 89.00--Total $896.00.

Thank yous- Sandra had called almost everyone-some had to leave message. Discussed sending written thank-you cards and Doris will do this. Penny had brought new ones made for Marleen to use on Monument donations and Doris will make copies of those. Sandra & Diana made list. (Doris-let me know how many stamps you used, thanks)

Bricks- sold three at reception. Marleen has the funds. Shared her bookeeping plan and it's very thorough. Even includes a column of "net" for us to know how close (or far) we are from what we need to pay Mary. Also columns with brick orders, donations, and sculpture orders. There is $4710.00 in the account now. From this and "pledges" for sculptures, our net column bottom line is projected to be $18,592.00 now. One sculpture is paid for. We need to have the sculptures sold & donations in by July 2005 for Mary to start the statue. One third will be paid then, one third in Dec. 2005, and the final third on delivery, July 2006.

Penny will ask Mary about a new photo with Tom Murphy for advertising purposes. Will also ask about having in on display for people to see. Decided to have it at First Interstate Bank, if they will agree. Need to ask Mary first about this.

Left over food from the Happy Hour was divided among the workers and still we have stew, fish, jerky, punch and sodas in the freezer. We will set a meeting to include "dinner" on this soon.

2. Driving Tour signs-- they were great at the Happy Hour. Penny received an e-mail from Sea Reach about the damaged one. They want us to Fed Ex it back to them on their number. Penny will do this tomorrow.

Agreed to wait for it's return before installing, also due to the cold weather. Bob R. reported that Laurie H. wants to attend the installation day to get photos for NPS. We also want the Enterprise present for newspaper coverage. Bob & Dale in charge.

Next 6 need work meetings to get going again. Text for final six is well started. Laurie will help again with graphic/photos.

Jackie had left message that the letter from CTEP arrived instructing us to "now proceed" with getting bids. We need to put out the ad as per their guidelines. Jackie will get with Jeanne-Marie to get this going.

3. Livingston Trust-Jeanne absent, no report. Penny read on the Internet about the Forest Service Arts grants and it appears the funds are for "performing" arts, not statues. Others read it please. Doris reported she has given 32 programs since 1999.

4. Site for statue--Becky sent a note that City Manager and City works dept head will recommend the site by the lagoon fishing dock, across from the bandshell grassy area to the City Commission. The contract is still being "investigated" by Bruce Becker, city attorney. Their next meeting is Feb. 2nd....can any of our members attend???

5. Quilt--blocks are being turned it next Sunday by several of the ladies. Penny will piece the blocks together. She suggested asking Bev Palm to do the final quilting product. All agreed. Penny will call her.

6. Sandra reported that Jon Axline said the markers for the Interpretive Sign are in the pipeline still and will be put up "in the spring".

7. E-mail came from Rebecca Bogden from the Trail Heritage Foundation with prices for ads. Discussed this and decided to do one 4 3/4 " x 4 5/8" at a cost of $300.00 in the May issue of "WE PROCEEDED ON". Need the ad turned in by March 15th. Need new photo of sculpture. We would also like to put one in the Mt. Arts Council Magazine.

New Business:

Corridor meeting this Sat. in Miles City. No one available to attend.

Regional Bicentennial Meeting in Great Falls Feb. 9 and 10. Can anyone go??? We must have a representative there.

Sandy Wulf from the city utilities called on behalf of the Summerfest planning committee. They would like to talk to us about being part of that. Becky is gone now and Sandra is leaving tomorrow so Penny will call Sandy back. That date is July 16 & 17. We also have the Livingston Arts Festival by the Depot over the 4th of July celebration.

We are also the host city for the State Conference this year as the June dates (17 and 18) have been changed from just being a Commission meeting to being the Annual Conference. This will be a "Showcasing of Talent" for all communties to see who and what is out there for planning their own events. Penny met with Clint and others Sat. afternoon and they are considering Clark's Crossing and the Travelodge instead of the YMI, if they can change this; and the Livingston Christian Center for the talent performances. We'll see how it goes, but we need to be ready for all three of these dates in June and July.

Next meeting, Feb. 9th at Penny's office. 5:30 pm. 

 

Back

Back to Great Bend Commission Meeting Minutes Menu

 


 

Welcome | What's New | Commission Overview | Resource Library
Chapter & RBC Info | Endorsement Info | Education | Funding
Montana Events | Help/Sitemap | Related Links

 Feedback Form | Email This Page

 


 

For more information please contact:
Montana Historical Society
P.O. Box 201201
225 North Roberts
Helena, MT 59620-1201
(406) 444-2694
mhslibrary@mt.gov

Hosting donated by Tempest Technologies, LLC
Visit Virtual Montana to plan your Montana Vacation!